What is SSL?
SSL is another layer of security between the client browsing the site and the server hosting the site, and it secures the data and especially the sensitive ones, which are transmitted on the Internet between the client and the site.
What do you need an SSL certificate for?
- SSL protects the site owner by:
- 1.Encrypting the data transmitted between the server visiting the site and the server hosting the site. Only the site software and the surfer can see the visible data
- SSL verifies for the surfer that The site is indeed the one held by its owner, by verifying the owner’s details as part of the SSL certificate issued to the site owner
- SSL prevents change and manipulation of data when transferring from the surfer to and to the site, thus protecting sensitive information such as financial data or Access passwords
- An SSL certificate issued by a qualified issuer gives further verification and confirmation of the validity and reliability of the site
- Google actively promotes secure SSL sites so that a small investment in an SSL certificate pays for itself instantly through the site promotion benefit